The Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship Programme in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) was launched in 2004 and has since then supported more than 200 PhD students from more than 18 countries and 51 institutions. The application details for 2017 has been announced.
Applications must not be made by students but by PhD supervisors, who must have been in dialogue with the prospective Microsoft supervisor and jointly collaborated on the proposal prior to the submission deadline. If their project is selected, the supervisor has until 31 March 2018 to find the best possible student for the project; otherwise, the PhD Agreement will be terminated automatically. Only applications from institutions in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa will be considered.
For an application to be considered, the following key requirements apply:
- The institute agrees to the terms and conditions in the MRL Term Sheet and EPSRC Term Sheet where appropriate.
- The applicant must be in dialogue with the prospective Microsoft supervisor prior to the submission deadline and jointly drafting the proposal.
- The proposed research must be closely related to the following research topics carried out at Microsoft Research in Cambridge:
- Biological Computation
- Human Experience and Design
- Machine Intelligence and Perception
- Programming Principles and Tools
- Systems and Networking
The link to the online application form will be available on the official page by 1 September 2016.
Application Deadline will is September 26th, 2016.
For more information, visit the official page.