UNESCO in partnership with the Government of the Republic of Czech is offering a number of fellowship opportunities to students from developing countries to purse bachelors and Masters studies in Czech Republic.
-There is no possibility to change neither the field of study nor the study programme once the fellowship is awarded.
-The following field of studies are highly recommended by the donor country: Natural Resources and Environment, Forestry Engineering, Tropical Agriculture, Water and Landscape Management, Economics and Finance, Environment, Ecology and Environmental Protection, Informatics, Engineering Informatics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering.
-Preference will be given to students who will take these fields of study.
You download the complete Guidelines for Granting Scholarships of the Government of the Czech Republic
Benefits offered by the Government of the Czech Republic
- Tuition is free of charge
- A monthly allowance of 14,000 Czech Crowns (1 euro = approximately 25 crowns) for students undertaking bachelor and master’s study programmes (Should this allowance be considered insufficient, the applying Member State may consider granting a partial contribution, or, the candidate may have to seek other funds from private sources to complement this allowance)
Accommodation at the student dormitories at reduced rates (to be paid by the fellow from the monthly allowance mentioned in (2) above)
- Access to meals (to be paid with the monthly allowance) in the student dining halls
- Access to discounts for urban transportation
- The Ministry of Health provides medical care to fellows.
(Note: The facilities  are provided under the same condition as for Czech students, i.e. at a relatively lower price.)
Benefits offered by UNESCO
- UNESCO will cover international travel expenses within the framework of the Fellowships Programme under the Regular Programme. Upon selection of the candidates, UNESCO will undertake the necessary action to authorize tickets to the beneficiaries before their departure for the Czech Republic. And,
- A special one-time allowance of US$200 to cover transit and other miscellaneous expenses.
Interested and qualified candidates are to visit the online application portal to complete their application.
Deadline for the submission of application online is 30th September 2016
For more information, visit the official page.