This Life Cambodia, an award winning community development organisation is currently looking for a capable individual to fill the position of a . Job location is either Siem Reap or Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
• Work with the Executive Director and Deputy Director to develop a Fundraising Strategy to support This Life Cambodia’s Strategic Plan 2016-2019. The Fundraising Strategy should prioritise flexible fundraising, while including a range of major revenue streams (grants, individuals, corporate donors, online platforms, local businesses, etc.).
• Work closely with the Finance Team and Senior Management to design processes for stewardship and allocation of donations in order to meet priority funding needs across the organisation.
• Support Senior Management and Finance team to generate regular development income reports for internal use and for the Board of Directors
• Manage and strengthen This Life Cambodia’s communications with individual supporters (e.g. regular mailouts/newsletters, targeted email campaigns, personal communication, etc.), to build a strong and sustainable individual supporter base.
• Manage This Life Cambodia’s presence on online fundraising platforms, including keeping information up to date, developing new campaigns/projects to meet current priorities, overseeing allocation of funds to programs, and regular reporting.
• Manage the general contact email account and respond to donation, volunteer and other enquiries.
• Host and facilitate supporter visits in collaboration with senior management and/or program teams
Grants & Partnerships
• Explore opportunities and coordinate the submission of proposals for new grant funding and partnerships.
• Support Senior Management and Finance Team in new agreement and contract negotiations.
• Coordinate quality donor reporting for all grants and partnerships including: a) guiding program coordinators and finance team in preparing reports in line with donor expectations and contractual obligations, b) coordinating supporting information and c) submitting reports to deadline.
Communications & Marketing
• Oversee the design and production of creative communications and marketing materials to support the Fundraising plan.
• Manage This Life Cambodia’s website and social media, with support from program teams and volunteers. Supervise and coordinate staff and volunteers to develop communications content.
Qualifications & Experience
• 2 years progressive experience in similar roles
• Candidates already located in Cambodia or South-East Asia are strongly preferred
• Understanding of fundraising and financial management processes within NGOs
• High level of written and verbal communication skills in English and excellent customer service skills
• Strong skills in planning, analysis and coordination
• Strong skills in MS Office; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Commitment to This Life Cambodia’s mission and values and ability to represent these to external stakeholders
• Excellent personal organization skills and flexibility within a dynamic work environment whereby the applicant is able to manage work autonomously, adjust to tasks and re-prioritize when needed
• Previous experience with online fundraising platforms (e.g. Global Giving) and with supporter/fundraising database tools
• Experience in a leadership position
• Proficiency in social media platforms and strategy (blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other platforms, to maintain TLCs online presence)
• Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and WordPress
• Previous experience working internationally for a period of time or experience working within a cross-cultural context
• Experience in knowledge sharing, training or capacity building
• A highly creative role with varied responsibilities
• Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development
• Working within a dynamic organization with multiple programs working on complex community and social justice issues
• Networking opportunities with other NGOs, businesses, and partners of This Life Cambodia
• Opportunity to apply previous skills and study in a unique environment that places emphasis on ethics, integrity and transparency
The successful candidate will be offered a base salary of US$1300 – $1500 per month depending on experience. The salary package will also include savings scheme, health insurance, telephone allowance, and visa (for international employees).
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit:
1. A cover letter detailing why and how the candidate is qualified for this position and highlighting previous achievements, and indicating a preference for location in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap
2. A CV outlining relevant experience
3. A writing sample and/or links to examples of previous work
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Applications should be sent to Mr. Billy Gorter, Executive Director via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject field: “Development Coordinator”.
Application closes 5:00pm, Friday 2nd September, 2016.
For more information, download the official publication.