SolidarMed, a medium size Swiss NGO, is currently seeking the services of a Project Manager in the area of Maternal and Child Health. Job location is Tanzania.
- Overall management and coordination of the project, incl. planning, monitoring, budgeting, reporting
- Act as technical advisor to partners (district health system) and build clinical capacity among local health staff (hospital, health centre, dispensary) through training, coaching and mentoring, with a thematic focus on Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health.
- Ensure the strategic and operational alignment of the two project components (community and facility level)
- Contribute to the further development of the project
- Establish and implement an operational research agenda
What We offer
- A professionally run, innovate health program in a rural African setting
- An attractive salary and benefit package commensurate with Swiss standards
- Professional development opportunities and linkages with competence and research networks
- Family posting in a rural but safe African setting; however no international or English medium school
- A motivated team both in Tanzania and Switzerland
- Medical doctor with an additional degree in Public Health, at least 3 years of work experience, incl. in low-resource settings, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Clinical expertise in MNCH (obstetric, surgical or paediatric skills welcome)
- Interest in operational research, scientific exchange, knowledge sharing and data management; experience in this area would be an asset
- Applied knowledge of project cycle management and team leading
- Good writing and reporting skills (English)
- Valid driving license
- Personal flexibility and preparedness to live in a remote rural place with frequent dislocations to the health facilities
Interested and qualified candidates are to email their CV and a short letter of motivation (reference “PM PHCU Tanzania” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is September 15th, 2016.