Transparency International (TI), a global civil society organisation is currently in need of a program officer (Climate Finance Programme). The Job location is Berlin, Germany.
leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
- Execute project tasks related to donor contractual obligations (financial management, fund transfer requests, procurement regulations, financial reports, etc.) in a professional, transparent, cost-effective and timely manner
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of project specific work-plans, budgets, monitoring and reporting cycles and information systems across TI-S and Chapters, especially in Africa
- Ensure the smooth administrative functioning of project activities and support logistics and communications
- Coordinate and supervise sub-grants and contracts with Chapters and external service providers (including financial management/results reporting), ensuring to time cost effective delivery of results and activities
- Provide research support in gathering and compiling data and information on climate finance and governance in preparation of documents and other work outputs
- Provide all required support in the development of funding applications and negotiation of contracts
- Take responsibility for other tasks required to ensure successful project implementation
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Undergraduate university degree or professional qualification in business administration, management, finance, social science, public administration, economics, or another relevant project issue
- 2/3+ years of project management experience with an International NGO or International Organisation, or Multinational Organisation with demonstrated in-depth knowledge of project management best practice
- Proven experience in administration and financial management
- Proven skills in project management (incl. planning, budgeting, implementation, review)
- Skills in monitoring evaluation and learning an advantage
- Skills in organisational capacity development an advantage
- Fluency in English essential; working proficiency in French required; Spanish an advantage
- Knowledge of climate/REDD+ governance and anti-corruption issues in Africa an advantage
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and CV in English to: ClimateIntegrityOfficerSSAJob@transparency.org
Application deadline is 11 September 2016.
For more information, visit the official page.