Applications are on for the Honjo Foundation International Scholarship. This scholarship is offered to foreign students who study in Japanese graduate schools on the purpose of earning doctoral degree.
The student, once awarded the scholarship will be able to choose any of the options below;
(1) ¥200,000 per month for1 or 2 years
(2) ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
(To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy ALL of the requirement criteria below.)
- The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
- The student must be registered to attend or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2016.
- To be eligible, students enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1981. Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1986.
- The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
-Interested and qualified candidates are to complete the Web Application form to get the Application Number for this scholarship.
-Your Application Number will be sent automatically to your email address that you confirmed on the Web Application. Please make a note of the number.
-You will need the number when the result is announced.
-Download all the applications below and fill in the forms out in Japanese. (If your name or your current address cannot be translated into Japanese, please write these down in English)
-Please make sure to write down your application number at the right corner of each form and send them to the Administration Office including all the required documents as stipulated in the Guideline for Application.
Application Begins September 1 and ends October 31, 2016.
For more information, visit the official page.