If you are an international student seeking a scholarship programme to study in mexico, the Mexican government scholarships for international students is an opportunity you should take.
The scholarships are offered to more than 180 countries through a series of bilateral conventions, multilateral programs and special agreements is open to foreign citizens who are interested in studying for a specialization, master’s degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program
Over 70 Mexican institutions offering academic programs registered with the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) as National Quality Graduate Programs are participating.
The Scholarship covers enrollment fees and tuition, health insurance, transportation from Mexico city to the host institution and monthly stipend
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
The scholarships will be awarded on academic excellence.
- The scholarships for academic studies are offered to take complete programs for Specialization, Master’s or PhD Degrees, and Postgraduate Researches. Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree. On the other hand, the scholarships for special programs are offered Preferred to take short-term fellowships addressed to Visiting Professors, Researchers in Mexico’s issues, Media Contributors, Art Production Fellowships, etc.
- Candidates cannot be living in Mexico at the time of application.
- Except in special cases, scholarships cannot begin in November or December.
- Requests for information and all scholarship applications must be submitted to the Mexican embassy or concurrent embassy of the applicant’s country or to the designated Mexican institution. Only applications that fulfill all of the requirements will be considered.
- All documents and forms must be in Spanish or submitted with translations into Spanish.
- Candidates will be informed of the results by the corresponding Mexican embassy or designated Mexican institution.
- The scholarships are not transferable and cannot be deferred to future years.
- Be accepted or currently enrolled in a program at one of the participating Mexican institutions
- Minimum grade point average of 8.0 on a scale of 0 to 10, or the equivalent for the last academic degree received.
–Official Nomination of your government
-An explanation of why the applicant is interested in studying or conducting research in Mexico
-Curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages)
-Acceptance letter from the Mexican host institution signed by the relevant authorities in the school stating the length of the studies with the start and end dates and the type of studies.
-Medical certificate of good health
-Copy of Birth Certificate
-Copy of Passport
-3 Recent photographs on white background, 3cm x 3cm with name and nationality noted at the back
-Copy of transcript for the last degree received
-For mobility scholarship, a letter from the applicant’s institution agreeing to give academic credit for the classes or course of study that will be taken in Mexico
-For research grants, a copy of the academic document showing that the applicant has finished or is currently enrolled in a Master’s or doctoral program.
-If Spanish is not the applicant’s native language, a certificate of an advanced level of proficiency in Spanish from a university or language centre should be included.
Number of Scholarships: Several
Duration of Scholarship: Undergraduate and graduate academic mobility programs- one academic term (quarter, trimester or semester)
-Graduate research and postdoctoral fellowships-12 months (1 month minimum)
-Master’s degree- 2 Years
-Doctorate- 3 years
-Medical specialties and subspecialties- 3 Years
Africa: Algeria ,Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nambia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Saharawi, Arab Rep., Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
North America: United States, Canada and Canada / Province of Quebec
Latin America: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela)
Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico (Commonwealth), Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago
Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine)
Asia: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Kingdom of China, People’s Rep., India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Democratic Rep., Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Islamic Rep. of Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Kingdom of Timor – Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Socialist Rep. of
Pacific: Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji Islands, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Independent State, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu
Middle East: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian National Authority, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen, and
Non-self Governing Territories: American Samoa, Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar, Guam, Montserrat, New Caledonia, Pitcairn, Saint Helena, Tokelau, Turks and Caicos Islands and United States Virgin Islands
How To Apply
The entire Scholarship application process must be done at the Mexican embassy in the applicant’s country or at the concurrent embassy.
For more information, see the official page
Application ends 3 September 2016.