International Organization for Migration is currently looking for a Senior Project Development Assistant. Job location is Brussels, Belgium.
DEVELOPMENT OF NEW PROJECTS, INCLUDING LIAISON WITH THE BELGIAN GOVERNMENT (GOB):
- Research, analyse and present GoB’s institutional framework and policies and other related date for consideration by appropriate parties;
- Understand and communicate donor priorities and funding opportunities in Belgium and identify new programmes/projects opportunities that correspond to IOM’s institutional and country-specific strategies, expertise and action plan;
- Assist in presenting IOM policies and activities to institutions in Belgium and other Partner Organizations represented in Brussels and participate in various technical level inter-agency and relevant coordination meetings in Brussels;
- Assist in the development of project documents for GoB funding, and assist in the development of policy papers for submission to EU Institutions and GoB;
- Regularly update and share internal SOP’s that allow the IOM Brussels CO to keep track and speed up project development, endorsement, project code issuance and timely start of projects;
- Be aware of the reporting requirements for the different projects. Assist the project managers in drafting intermediary and final donor reports for the projects and submit these in coordination with the CoM, resource management and for submission of the final reports Donor Relations Division (DRD) and the Regional Office (RO);
- Technical assistance to ensure compliance with contractual requirements during project implementation;
- Assist the CoM in all matters related to the plan of action of the IOM Brussels CO, including the contribution to the reporting of the IOM Brussels CO to HQ and RO
- Undertake duty travel relating to project development, programme assessment and liaison with donor counterparts as required by the CoM;
POLICY SUPPORT AND OUTREACH ON MIGRATION AND DEVELOPMENT INCLUDING MIGRATION AND GENDER
- Assist the CoM in the identification and analysis of current policies and factual information on M&D at international, European and Belgian levels;
- Provide technical advices to colleagues with regards to donor priorities and funding opportunities in M&D related subjects;
- Assist in drafting concept notes/project proposals in the area of M&D and of Migration & Gender or other themes linked to Labour Human Development (LHD);
- Prepare for, participate in and follow-up on meetings/conferences in the field of M&D where relevant;
- Provide overall assistance to colleagues on topics related to LHD (includes Labour Migration and Integration of Migrants & Social Cohesion);
- Any other tasks as may be required.
- University degree in International Affairs, Political and Social Sciences, Economics and Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Working experience in the area of project development, implementation, reporting or monitoring of programmes including migration related topics;
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with resettlement issues is an advantage;
- Sound knowledge of the EU/GoB funding mechanisms;
- Experience in liaison with governmental and non-governmental institutions is required.
Fluency in oral and written English. Good knowledge of Dutch and/ or French is a distinct advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their applivation wich inckludes the personal History Form and Cober Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by 23 September 2016.
For more information, visit the official page.