Chief IT Architect job vacancies are open in CERN. Are you an experienced IT Architect willing to lead in designing and reviewing IT systems and processes used by CERN scientists, engineers, and administrative personnel? You’ll lead a cross-functional Data and Architecture team within the governance Group in the IT department at CERN, the world’s largest particle physics laboratory.
At CERN, more than 15,000 researchers and scientists from across the globe are pushing back the frontiers of science. By working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading scientific organizations solving the mysteries of the universe. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity, and diversity. Moreover, CERN strongly believes in diversity and inclusion and, as a result, strives to identify and create opportunities that enable all people to bring their unique selves to CERN and the IT department. With this approach, we can continue to make groundbreaking discoveries and advance our understanding of the universe.
Also Check:Sarena Textile Industries Limited Jobs
As a lead architect:
- You will define an Enterprise Architecture in alignment with corporate IT and develop multiyear implementation plans
- You will form strong relationships and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders across the organization, acting as an advisor to management and partners
- You will develop an IT architecture improvement strategy to support evolving business strategy
- You will participate in a gap analysis for the current and new applications with the IT strategy and target architecture vision.
- You will advise, propose actions and coordinate stakeholder’s demands to ensure IT solutions are aligned with applications and architecture strategy
- You will analyze architecture risk and propose mitigation plans
- You will evaluate the relevance and coherence of all IT projects (current & future) with the target architecture
- Geneva, Switzerland
Qualifications for Chief IT Architect job in CERN
- Master’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines. or a related field.
- Certification in TOGAF would be a plus
Experience for Chief IT Architect job in CERN:
- The successful candidate should have demonstrated experience in Enterprise IT architecture, managing applications portfolios, providing advisory services, and developing a technology strategy
Additional experience in the following would be an asset:
- Defining and implementing IT governance policies and processes in large organizations.
- IT project management, change management.
- Architecture and design of ICT systems: verification and optimization of ICT architectures and designs
- Project management
- Risk management
- Strong technical knowledge across the full technical stack
- IT Governance
- Solving problems: assimilating large quantities of information, identifying key issues, and formulating conclusions clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrating flexibility: actively participating in the implementation of new processes and technologies; demonstrating openness to new ideas and situations
- Communicating effectively: ensuring that information, procedures, and decisions are appropriately documented
- Setting direction: coordinating activities and focusing the team on goals and objectives; monitoring the progress of the team towards agreed goals and taking corrective action when needed
- Leading with strength and credibility: making timely decisions that balance systematic analysis with decisiveness; dealing with difficulties promptly
- Spoken and written English or French: the ability to understand and speak other languages professionally. Ability to draw up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations in at least one of the two languages.
Additional Information for Chief IT Architect job in CERN
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN’s mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should usually reach us no later than 30.04.2023 at 12:00 AM (midnight) CET.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
- Job grade: 8
- Job reference: IT-GOV-2023-40-LD
- Benchmark Job Title: Computing Engineer