Applications are open for the Global Korean Scholarship program, a fully-funded opportunity for international students who dream of studying in Korea on a full scholarship. This undergraduate and graduate scholarship program, sponsored by the Korean government, is designed to attract top talent from around the world. The Global Korea Scholarship eligibility criteria ensure that only the brightest minds are selected. Focusing on Korean university scholarships, this program aims to foster cross-cultural understanding and equip students with invaluable experiences.
The Global Korean Scholarship Program benefits include not only full funding but also affordable living expenses and accommodation costs in South Korea. Additionally, you’ll have the chance to explore various international laboratories and cities nationwide, while building your global network.
Don’t miss out on the chance to study in Korea on a scholarship that rivals those offered by other top international programs. Dive into this blog to learn more about the Global Korea Scholarship program and discover how it can transform your academic and professional future.
Table of contents
Location: South Korea
Program: Fully Funded
Fields: Undergraduate and Masters Scholarship
Number of Awards: 1300
Benefits of the Global Korean Scholarship Program
Here are the benefits of the Global Korean Scholarship:
- Your travel ticket will be paid for along with your return ticket as well.
- An allowance of 900,000 KRW ~ 1,500,000 KRW will be given.
- Your one-year Korean language classes will be paid for.
- Your degree will be fully covered.
- Medical insurance of KRW 20,000 (per month) won will also be provided.
- A degree completion grant of 100,000 won will be offered for GKS scholars.
- There will be a Korean Proficiency Grant of 100,000 won for special GKS scholars.
- Academy of Korean Studies
- Ajou University, Chung-Ang University
- Dankook University
- Ewha Women’s University
- Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
- Hanyang University, Incheon National University
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
- Inha University, Konkuk University
- Kookmin University
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- Korea Development Institute (KDI School)
- Korea Polytechnic University
- Korea University
- Kyung Hee University
- Myongji University
- Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
- Sangmyung University
- Seoul National University
- Seoul National University of Science and Technology (Seoul Tech)
- Sogang University
- Sookmyung Women’s University
- Soongsil University
- Sungkyunkwan University
- Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST)
- University of Seoul
- Yonsei University
- Busan University of Foreign Studies
- Chonnam National University
- Chungbuk National University
- Chungnam National University
- Daegu University
- Daejeon University
- Dong-a University
- Dongseo University
- Gyeongsang National University
- Handong Global University
- Hannam University
- Hanseo University
- Hoseo University
- Inje University
- Jeju National University
- Jeonju University
- Jeonbuk National University
- Kangwon National University
- Keimyung University
- Kongju National University
- Konyang University
- Kumoh National Institute of Technology
- Kyungpook National University
- Namseoul University
- Pai Chai University
- Pukyong National University
- Pusan National University
- Semyung University
- Silla University
- Soonchunhyang University
- Sunchon National University
- Sun Moon University
- University of Ulsan
- Woosuk University
- Yeungnam University
Eligibility Criteria for Global Korean Scholarship Program
In order to apply for this global scholarship, you must be eligible by the following criteria:
- You must not be a Korean citizen
- You must also not be a dual citizenship holder
- You must be under 25 years of age for undergraduate and 40 years for Graduate.
- If you have a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD from a Korean institute, you are not eligible
- If you have studied in Korea before, you are eligible
- Educational %: at least 80%.
- You must submit a Personal Medical Assessment form
- You must be in good condition, physically and mentally for the full duration of the degree
Each university has a different deadline.
How to Apply for the Korean Scholarship?
- All scholarship applications should be submitted to the Korean Embassy in the country of residence or the domestic university involved.
- Korean Embassies or domestic universities send documents to NIIED on behalf of eligible candidates.
- Final candidates for KGSP grants are evaluated by NIIED and notified to the Korean Embassy.
Must visit the official website for complete information, this is a summary of the official post